Search Engine Optimization
With each website we develop our objective is not only to design a great looking website, but also make your website work hard for the city.
We achieve this by applying standard SEO (search engine optimization) practices to your site pages during the web development process. Our approach to achieving better search engine results involves increasing your visibility with quality website code – developed to W3C best practices and optimized to ensure there are no road blocks, nor exit points within your site code that may otherwise cause a search engine to leave your site prematurely.
Applying the basic SEO tactics outlined below helps ensure your site performs at its very best using the content you have provided. During this process our team may insert new keywords, page titles, page descriptions, create new sentences and/or paragraphs to help communicate your message more effectively and improve your SEO – to the extent of the Basic SEO Package included with every website we develop. A $600.00 savings when you choose Municipal Web Services as your website developer.
Built-in SEO Basics
- Installation of Site Analytics.
- Optimization of site’s navigation for pleasant user experience and search engine usability, to ensure both can easily navigate to your site’s message.
- Keyword, Key-phrase Optimization.
- Site page title and description development.
- Creation of a robot.txt file to tell search engines what folders and files should and shouldn’t be ignored.
- Creation of a sitemap.xml file to tell search engines how to find your site pages, their relevance and how often they are updated.
- Custom 404 Error Page to help keep site visitors on your site if they come across an unknown or dead link to your website.
- Image alternative tags, so the visually impaired and search engines know what each image represents.
- Standardization of domains.
- Optimization of outbound links to remove search engine exit points and ensure search engine robots stay on your site longer.
- Validation of site code to meet W3C best practices.
- Header tag optimization (H1, H2, H3, etc) so search engines understand what titles and topics on your website are most important.
- Review of your site’s message for duplicate content, so your content is unique throughout your site for optimum performance.
- Review of existing website content to discover better ways to deliver your message.
- Submission of your website to all major search engines.
- We also offer comprehensive copy writing and aggressive SEO packages as an add-on service.
Who are We Right For?
Any organization searching for an easy-to-use navigation, clean and effective page structure, and dynamic website features that engage your audience and encourage them to visit your municipal website frequently.
- County Website Design
- City Website design
- Town Website Design
- Village Website Design
- Tourism Website Design
- Area Attractions Website Design
- Festival Website Design
- Economic Development Websites
Have a question? We have answers. Below are some of the more commonly asked questions.
Your question not here?
Why Choose Us
A Proven Track Record
Building a municipal website can be a large undertaking and should be handled by an experienced company. The web developers at Municipal Web Services have many years of experience building dynamic websites for cities, towns and economic development groups. We have a proven track record in the municipal web design field, so you can rest assured that your city’s website is in good hands.